Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Model of the USS Gerald R. Ford CVN78

A model of CVN-78 which is on display at the USS Midway Museum in San Diego. I don't like putting other peoples/organizations videos on my channel without their permission, so this is the only video I've personally filmed about CVN78. Obviously it is not constructed yet and won't be finished until 2015. The air show stuff and Navy ship stuff on my youtube site is my own video works entirely. Six of the ten Nimitz-class supercarriers I have filmed myself, personally, and whenever (if) I get to the east coast and have time I'll film the other four. The link above is the best, but below are some other links where you can get more interesting unclassified information and technical specs... en.wikipedia.org www.naval-technology.com en.wikipedia.org Video www.youtube.com www.youtube.com www.youtube.com " CVN 78 Facts Gerald R. Ford (CVN 78) is the Navy's first aircraft carrier to be completely designed using a 3-dimensional product model. The overall design of the ship provides the Navy a more capable ship with reduced weight to allow for future technology insertion, increased sortie generation capability, 2.5 times more electrical power and reduced cost. The Gerald R. Ford class-aircraft carriers have been redesigned from the Nimitz class. They have the same hull lines and the same number of decks as a Nimitz-class carrier, but the footprint of the general arrangement has been totally rearranged to accommodate a new technology and meet all of the Navy's operational ...

No comments:

Post a Comment